Adding DRL LED lights to VW Passat B6... by HK David June 2017



recently i've installed DRL lights to my Passat B6.  I bought these from Taobao, together with a fuse box adapter pigtail.



I am able to find a spare fuse port in the engine fuse box that can provide ACC power.  Note that to check for ACC power 'off' state, make sure you wait for 5 mins after you take the key off, otherwise it may still appear to provide power even with the key off.

Here is the before and after look, much prettier with the LED DRL.

Before:


After:


Outside:


Thank you for viewing.





Comments

  1. Hi there.
    I just ordered these DRL lights for my 2010 Passat Wagon TDi B6.
    Which spare 'fuse port' did you use in the 'engine fuse box?'
    Making sure I use the right one.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry i can't remember the exact fuse port, and i've sold the car a few years ago, all i remembered is "somewhere in the middle" of the fuse box beside the battery, you need to use a multi-meter to check, with ignition on: has voltage, and then with ignition off: no voltage (at least off after a few minutes).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for the response (so long after the post). After more research, that was my plan, just thought I'd ask. Bout to head down to buy the piggy back fuse and will check each slot with the multi meter. Thanks again. Take care.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment